A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, October 20, 2023

Love Notion Coda Coat

 My Mother in Law thrifted a bedcover for me for a test run of the Love Notions Coda Coat.  The pattern is an easy sew with very few pattern pieces. Front, back & sleeve.  I used bias binding from my stash.  I need to make a few fitting adjustments to the pattern since it was a bit too boxy for my liking.  The fabric was a bit stiff too.


The blue bias binding makes the coat look a bit homemade so a toned down version may work better.

I’m off to sew more….

Until next time….

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Bonnie! I adore the idea of thrifting to find unique materials for sewing projects like clothing patterns! Your coat looks so fashion forward, and your creativity with the bias binding came out so well. To address the boxy fit and stiff fabric, I'd recommend perhaps narrowing the waist area by adding a back pleat or some darts to create a more tailored silhouette. Also, pre-washing the fabric with a fabric softener before sewing could potentially help with the stiffness.

    ReplyDelete