A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, May 25, 2020

McCall's 6473 Scrub Top

Another Scrub Top Pattern.  Girl M liked View C but with a straight hem.  She HATES asymmetrical hems.  Easy Fix!  I like the elastic at the waist in the back, eliminates having to make a sway back adjustment and helps to keep the scrubs from looking too boxy.
McCall 6473 Scrubs

McCall 6473 Scrub set
I cut a size 18 as usual and the fit was great on Girl M.  This is an easy sew but the neckband being woven gave me little trouble but I made it work after the 4th try!

The fabric was another piece from my stash and I also had this for close to 7 years also.  It was hard to photograph since it's so busy.  Girl M. loved the print and can wear it with either red or blue scrub pants.


McCall's 6473 Scrub Top
I love the back of this scrub top.

Back View

Close up of fabric print
Quick photo of her outfit before her early shift.  No head shot since her eyes were puffy.  4:30AM comes early!

McCall 6473 Scrub top

Back View
I wasn't going to let the neckband placket get the best of me.  I've come to realize there is more than one way to sew something up.  So I found a YouTube video on how to sew a V neckband in.  So much easier and it turned out BEAUTIFUL!

Beautiful V- neckband


Back View

McCall 6473 Scrub Top
On this version I used a Navy/White/Seafoam 100% Cotton Ogee Print Lawn from FabricMartFabrics.com.  Girl M. loved the print and received many compliments on her top.

V-Neckband
I'm thinking it's time to sew something for myself.  Even though I don't go anywhere I like sewing for me!

Until next time.................

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Your daughter is a lucky girl to have such a talented Mom! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Not only do I enjoy making the scrub tops but it's using up some of my stash! Win-win!

      Delete
  2. Great Post!!

    Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us. Absolutely loving the Dagacci scrubs for women! The quality is top-notch, and they're so comfortable for those long shifts. I've tried other brands, but Dagacci is my go-to now. Highly recommend for both style and functionality!

    ReplyDelete