A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, April 10, 2017

Easter Simplicity 7243 Dress & New Look 6853 Jacket

I made my TNT Simplicity 7243 Princess seam sheath dress in purple ponte knit for Easter.  I think that a solid simple basic will be a great choice in my wardrobe to continue wearing though the summer.

Simplilcity 7243 Princess Ponte Knit Sheath Dress

 I'm thinking of making a cardigan with this striped jersey knit to wear during the summer.

Jersey cardigan option plans
 I made a version of the New Look 6853 back in January 2015 shown here.  I didn't know at the time about the different types of interfacing and I used a woven interfacing on the WHOLE jacket to help stabilize the fabric.  Wrong choice, it made the jacket very stiff and uncomfortable.  This time I used a knit stabilizer and the jacket is much, much softer but the weave of the fabric isn't affected at all.

Both versions are from a Boulce fabric.

New Look 6853 Jacket

Back View
 The only fabric I could find in my stash that would work for a lining was this peach satiny type fabric.  It worked out fine and it helps the jacket slide on nicely.

Lining View

New Look 6853 Jacket
I'm working on Dear Daughters dress now.  She just wants a simple maxi length knit dress with lace overlay and lace sleeves.  Wish me luck!

Until next time.........................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment