A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

McCall 7359 Top-Purple Stripe Version

I wore the McCall 7359 blue stripe version Saturday to girl M's softball game.  I thought that the top still needed a little more fitting.  It was ok but the chest was a little big and the neck facing was a little wonky.

So off to the sewing room to make another!

I used a purple stripe woven fabric from a mystery bundle from Fabric Mart.  Another top for about $1.50!

I took another 1" dart out from the shoulder tapering to nothing at the waist, going through the yoke.  I also cut the pieces on the bias for the front and back yokes to allow for some eye movement on the fabric.

McCall 7359 Purple Stripe Top
I added a little more interest to the front yoke by laying out the pattern at a 45 degree angle.  Then I didn't have to match the stripes at the yokes!
McCall 7359 Purple Stripe Top-Front Yoke
I also angled the stripes at the back yoke. 

McCall 7359 Purple Stripe Top-Back View

McCall 7359 Purple Stripe Top-Back Yoke

McCall 7359 Purple Stripe Top-Shoulder View

I really like how this version came out, I have already worn it and I am keeping this version.  Maybe another will be in the works soon.  Maybe something in a challis or a drapy fabric.....

I was inspired by Beverly from SewMuchMore.  Her version is so pretty.  You can see her here. 


The baby chicks are getting big, they are almost ready to go to the chick pen outside.  My laundry room is sooooo dusty!  But I love hearing their peeps.

Baby Chicks at 4 weeks old
 I have been asked to make a quilt for Dear Hubby's Aunt.  Her favorite colors are Black/Orange/Purple!  Wish me luck making those colors work.

She loves to canning jars.  This is a sample of my mason jar quilt block.  I'm thinking of using a vegetable print fabric for the jar itself.


Mason Jar Quilt Block

Until next time...............

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. I love how you cut the stripes on different angles. I've made this pattern & love it; hope to make it again this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beverly, you were my inspiration! I updated my post and
      linked your blog so everyone can see your version too. Thanks for being such a great blog friend!

      Delete
  2. I think the strips cut on the bias does a lot for this top. Looks like a nice top for hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. I've worn this top many times already, I think it will be a go to for summer!

      Delete