A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tropical Feathers Jersey Knit Maxi Dress

I did make the last McCall 3078 dress, but I haven't taken pictures because I can't get the dress onto the dress form!  Don't ask!  As soon as I can get dear daughter to take a photo I will post.

This is the last knit fabric in my get it done basket!  I am so happy to have finished all of the projects I had laid out in the basket.  Next time I don't think I will pick sooooooooo many fabrics, maybe just two or three.

But I am very happy with the outcome of this dress.  I had to decide if I wanted sleeves or not, I chose not.  Did I want this dress knee length, midi, or maxi length.  I chose maxi.  Other than that it was from a pattern that I've made so many times with the elastic waist, I think that the elastic helps with the pull of the weight of the maxi length and the heaviness of the jersey fabric.  Plus it makes me look like I have a waist!

Tropical Feathers Jersey Knit Maxi Dress


Tropical feather jersey knit maxi dress

Tropical feather jersey knit maxi dress-Twin needle-neck view
 I had to cut the back bodice with a center back seam to be able to have enough fabric for the skirt. 


Tropical feather jersey knit maxi dress-back view
 
Tropical feather jersey knit maxi dress

Tropical feather jersey knit maxi dress-back view
 I believe I'll wear this dress through out the summer, with a cardigan or a denim jacket, maybe I'll even make something to go with it................maybe!


I think $14.50 for a maxi dress is pretty good! 
 

I'm thinking of changing gears and hope to make my little nephew a quilt.  I purchased a fabric panel of Charlie Brown camping fabric late last year.  My little nephew will be getting his own room soon, so maybe this will be a good gift idea.  Also, I think changing gears will get me back my sewing mojo.

On the other hand, my sweet, Dear daughter just had surgery.  She had her tonsils and adenoids removed.  She's only 13 but she's a brave 13!  I was a nervous wreck, she was all calm.  She improving a little every day and I get to baby her one last time!

Until next time............

Bonnie

2 comments: