A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, January 19, 2018

Purple Wardrobe (1)

Looking through my closet I realized that I don't have any purple items.  I really like purple now with my hair coloring.

From my stash of beautiful fabrics, I have this purple solid ITY knit that will make a perfect 1/2 circle skirt.  The purple print sweater knit and a swirl print ITY knit will make nice tops.  The last two fabric I'm still undecided what to make.

Purple Wardrobe fabric inspiration

I love this knit skirt.  It's a TNT self drafted pattern with a 2" elastic waistband.  The pattern is an easy sew, just two seams and the waistband.

Grape ITY Knit Skirt
I like that this skirt only takes 1-1/2 yards of fabric.  It's a great stash-buster.

$5.40 skirt

I used my cowl/drape neck TNT pattern with the swirl print ITY knit.  Two shoulder seams, two side seams and hem and it's done.  I am liking this top with the skirt.  I think that it will go with many other skirts in my wardrobe.

Abstract Print Drape Neck ITY Knit Top

Abstract Print Drape Neck ITY Knit Top with purple skirt

$3.60 top

I used the Butterick 6247 with the purple print sweater knit fabric and I think it was a great match.

Butterick 6247 sweater knit
I am extremely pleased with the purple wardrobe so far.  I hope to stay motivated and keep my sewing mojo going.

Until next time.................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I love your purple wardrobe. Purple I think looks good on many people with gray/white hair and I certainly wear it more than I used to. There is a poem that I love that starts off with "When I get old, I will wear purple"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! That poem suits me PERFECT! Thank you!
      I'm going to have to try to branch out to another color since now I've sewn up so many purple items. I'm thinking in the Royal Blue color now. I do be with jewel tones and pastels. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Cute color combos, the skirt is a great value, wow Less than $6!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I love fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com. I love their quality and when you get a sale it's pretty good. But boy can I spend a lot of money with them!

      Delete