A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, January 15, 2018

Kwik Sew 3658 Knit Top

I have to admit I don't like to try new patterns.  I don't know why because 99% of the time I end up loving the pattern.  The Kwik Sew 3658 is a GREAT pattern!
Kwik Sew 3658 Knit Top & Dress

Only 3 pattern pieces!  How easy!  I sewed up a quick muslin after making my usual fitting changes.

Kwik Sew 3658 Knit Top

Started with a Large at the shoulders grading to a an XL at the bust and below.  I added my usual to the hip area.  I used my knit armhole and sleeve templates.  Easy enough.

I really am liking this pattern on me.

Classy & simple with enough interest and ease to sew up to make this a TNT pattern!

No alterations needed for the gray animal print version.  I did raise the neck v to the xs dot on the pattern.  I lengthened the pattern as much as I had fabric for.  The dress un-hemmed comes to the top of my knees.  That's pretty short for me so I may just make it into a top.

Gray Animal Print Kwik Sew 3658

I really like that the front piece is doubled so that the front is self lined.  I'm thinking this is a great answer for me not liking solid tops.  A little doubling of fabric eliminates my self conscious feeling of seeing my bra cup line.

I see MANY more of these tops in my future so be warned!

Until next time..................

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment