A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January Sewing Plans

I am going to try to keep myself on track with a monthly sewing plan.  For the month of January I hope to sew:

1)  Black yoga style knit skirt from TNT pattern.  Maybe from a black jersey brushed knit.

2) Kwik Sew 3658 Top or Dress


3) Kwik Sew 3915 Top




Burda 2952 Jacket:  I've had this jacket cut and made a muslin during the Summer.  It's an UFO that I really need to finish up.  I will re-evaluate and re-fit the muslin and work on finishing this jacket.

Burda 2952

         
I would also like to work more on my Sure-Fit Designs dress muslin.  

4 items seems reasonable and will lot me time for muslins in between too.

I also plan on cleaning out my closet again and re-evaluate many items that are too big but I wear anyways.  Dear Daughter is always making me go change my tops because I choose for comfort and I do admit they are usually wayyyyy to big.

Happy Sewing.................

Until next time................................

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Could you please explain what a TNT skirt pattern is? I have a knit skirt I bought but would like to make one. Thanks!
    ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ellen,
      Thanks for stopping by my blog. A TNT pattern is a tried and true pattern. I've fit the pattern to me perfect and I've made it many times. The easiest skirt to start with is a slim skirt or a pencil style. Since I'm very curvy I like knit fabric (because it stretches) and has waist darts and is about 24" long. Once you have a pattern that fits and you like, you just alter the pattern for different styles, ie: a-line, flare or circle skirt. Hope this helps you. I would love to see what you've created.

      Delete