A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

White Ponte Knit Straight Skirt & Button Help

I finally adjusted the knit slim skirt pattern from here with a FBBA (full belly/butt adjustment) from this blog.  I did the adjustment both on the front and the back skirt pattern. The skirt hangs so much better now.


White Ponte Knit Slim Skirt

Back View
The height at center front and center back are raised to allow extra room for my belly/butt.
It's a little exaggerated in this photo but sits perfect on my body.

Full Butt/Belly Adjustment
I had to go did out a top to take a photo.  I might just wear this to Church on Wednesday.

Skirt fixed-Front view
I think I should iron the skirt before wearing it out.

Skirt Fix-Side View
I don't like this view, but it's for educational purposes only!

Skirt fix-Back View
I better get to wearing this skirt before Labor Day!

I also made a slip to wear under the skirt.

 I used my skirt pattern minus the hem and waist seam allowances.  I also omitted the back darts.  It's a perfect slip for more skirts to be made up!

Nude Slip

1 yard used-$3.50 Slip

I bought this tray with a spout on a trip to Harbor Freight.  It's perfect to dump out buttons and search through them and just pour them back into the jar when I'm done.  Most of the time I don't even miss!



Button sorter tray

Easy Pour

Button storage jars & lots of dust!



I bought this tray with a spout on a trip to Harbor Freight.  It's perfect to dump out buttons and search through them and just pour them back into the jar when I'm done.  Most of the time I don't even miss!

Until next time..........

Bonnie


6 comments:

  1. Your adjustment really does make the skirt hang beautifully! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, you found the fix. It looks great now. Thanks for getting back to us with this, it helps a lot. I love that tray, it is brilliant for the button search and dump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The tray is very useful & it was cheap, only $4!

      Delete
  3. Great job on the adjustment; your skirt fits you so well! Love the tray & have to make a trip to Harbor Freight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also like the magnetic bowls from Harbor Freight too!

      Delete