A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, August 15, 2016

Black Knit Princess Seam Slip

I used my TNT pattern Simplicity 7463 for the pattern of this slip.  I sewed a generous 3/4" seam allowances to make the slip a little more fitted than the dresses.

All seams are serged.  The bottom is not hemmed, just serged, along with the armholes and the neck.

Black Knit Slip

Front View

Side View

Back View

The fabric is a mystery fabric I found while cleaning.  Exactly enough for the slip.  It's a little heavier than the white version but winter is coming and maybe it will be ok.

An easy sew.

Looking out my sewing window, there are birds everywhere.  The chickens are roaming the yard along with sandhill cranes.  There was a turkey hen this morning and hummingbirds are zooming by to get to their feeder.

Birds in the Yard

Until next time...............

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment