A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Simplicity 7243 Black Knit Dress & A Goodbye to A Dear Friend

In thinking about a wardrobe I think I need a black knit sheath dress.  I have a black eyelet  sheath dress and a black lace fit & flare dress.  But I'm thinking you can't have too many black dresses.

Simplicity 7243

I'm using my TNT Simplicity 7243 pattern.

Since I have 5 yards of Polyester Matte Jersey Knit Fabric, I'm thinking of a straight skirt and maybe even a cardigan......The fabric is very similar to ponte knit in weight and texture.

I know the pictures are not great but Girl M was at her sister-in-law's, Dear Hubby was at work and I was all by myself.  Just me and the camera on a tripod....with a timer!

Black Knit Dress with Bob Mackie Jacket

Headless photo

My friend who blessed me  last year posted here and here with so many boxes of fabric and patterns suddenly passed away.

It's odd how I had a notion to sew a black sheath dress, even thought I didn't need another black dress.  I wasn't even sure where I would wear it to.  Well God must have known I would be attending a funeral.  I wore the black dress with my Bob Mackie  black & pink embroidered jacket.  She would have loved the jacket.
Simplicity 7243 Black Knit Dress

 Bob Mackie Jacket

Back View

Bob Mackie

Her funeral was very sad.  There were a lot of tears.  But I loved they showed many photos of her with her quilts.  People spoke of her kindness and her graciousness of making and giving her quilts.  Even her memorial pamphlet had a quilt design and a quilt poem.  Her and her husband celebrated their 59th Wedding Anniversary the Sunday before she passed.

Quilt Memorial

I know without a doubt that she is playing tag with the angels in Heaven and that she is sitting at the feet of our Lord, smiling and telling us that she will meet us there.

Thank you for sharing your gift with me my dear friend.

Until next time..............

Bonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment