A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My favorite color is..... Orange!

Orange is my favorite color.  My friends laugh because they say it's the last color left on the shelf..... I just think it's sunny and fresh and I Love Orange!


Orange fabric
I had 3 yards of this beautiful orange fabric.  What to do? What to do?  I decided to make Girl M. her usual top.  Then I made myself a top too.  I used Butterick 5195, view A. 

I have made both view A and view C.  I think I have made these version about 8 times.  They are comfortable and I just wear a tank top of my choice under.

The picture doesn't do the top justice, but I didn't have anyone to take a picture for me.

Girl M. didn't want all flowers on hers.  So I used an orange sheet I must have gotten at a thrift store for the bodice and the orange & white floral for the top and back yoke. 


I made a little flower pin to pin on.  She couldn't wait to wear it to school!  That's the joy of having a girl.  Boys could care less!

Until next time......

Bonnie





No comments:

Post a Comment