A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I am sewing!

No pictures of finished products but I wanted to let you know I AM SEWING!  I have made my daughter some spring/summer tops.  She's at that 10 yr old age that the clothes I buy at the store do not fit her well.  They are either too tight, too short, or too low cut.  This Simplicity 2986 pattern is so easy. I have made the short sleeve version and I also made a sleeveless version.  I just add bias binding to the arm holes to finish it off.  I have tried both the square neck and the round neck versions.  I prefer to sew the round neck because there is no additional fuss.


Girl M. doesn't like any fuss around her neck so I try to keep it simple.  Three shirts I have made  were from a sheet.  One is of Easter design, with Peter Rabbit on the top yoke and a plaid bottom.  I think she will like it.  In the last year I have made her about 10 shirts from this pattern.  Cool, comfy and stylish.  I will post pics as soon as I can.

Until next time.....

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment