A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sewing Simplicity 2942 Part 1

Girl M. has a closet full of clothes.  I tell myself I am not making her anymore and then she brings me a pattern and the fabric.  How can I resist?  She asked for a dress in Green and White check.  I barely have time to wash any clothes, so here I am working full time this week, softball games, and then sewing at 10pm.


Simplicity 2942


Girl M. chose the sleeveless dress with no pockets & no ruffle.  She just wants a plain Jane sleeveless dress. I did make the yoke out of solid white.  It's coming along slowly.  I must have either bought the pattern used or cut it out years ago.  Some of the pieces are  cut to 5/6 size.  Girl M is now a size 15/16!  I am missing the back facing piece but I think I can just wing it. I might even omit it and just use bias binding for the back neck.

I will have pictures in part 2, since I forgot to take any.  Sometimes when I start a project I am so engrossed that I don't even think about blogging the sewing part, I just want to take a picture of Girl M. wearing the finished project.

Until next time....

Bonnie






1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your long links with OUO and get cash from every visitor to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete