The reviews for the Simplicity 1020 scrub top were not great but I liked the style so I went ahead and gave the pattern a shot. I cut out View C in a size 18 and sewed it up. I liked that the pattern had princess seams and that the side panels were knit. A little stretch helps makes uniforms more comfy.
|Simplicity 1020 Scrub set|
I ran into a few issues with the scrub top. First the hips were a little tight on Girl M. I modified the top with a triangle panel at the sides and she asked to shorten the sleeve length. They hit her almost to her elbows.
I did like the knit neckband and it sewed in perfect. The pockets can be a little wonky but I followed the directions and they worked out fine. Girl M. likes this pocket style. After all, this ended up being a wearable muslin and also goes with her red scrub pants she already had.
I used a piece of cotton fabric from my stash. I think it was a free cut from a mystery bundle from FabricMartFabrics.com.
|Red Flame Print Simplicity 1020 Scrub Top|
|Floral Navy/Red Simplicity 1020 Scrub Top|
|Day 2 of Work|
When I cut out the fabric for the back piece I ended up being 2" short. I improvised and added a knit band to the back. She thought it was genius and thought I did it on purpose!
|Simplicity 1020 Scrub Top|
|Day #3 of Work|
Until next time................