A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, May 11, 2020

Butterick 6677 Floral Crepe de Chine Dress

Dear Hubby has had another surgery.  This time it was to have his gall bladder removed.  He has lost so much weight in the past few weeks.  He weighs 170lbs now!  I am hopeful that this surgery has fixed all his stomach pain issues and that he will be pain free from now on.

 I just had to make myself a version of the Butterick 6677 dress.  I made View B, the maxi version with the gathered flounce at the bottom.  I made myself a size 18 and the fit is perfect.  I made bias tape from the same fabric and the dress sewed up quickly.

Butterick 6677
Butterick 6677 Floral Crepe de Chine Dress
 I like that this pattern has pockets. They are well hidden with the fabric print.  I wasn't sure about the flounce at the bottom but I love the way the dress moves when you walk.  I may have to make another dress one day.

Butterick 6677 Floral Crepe de Chine  $10.50 Dress

Sleeve flounce on bodice


Pockets!

Stash button = Perfect match

Skirt flounce


I had planned on wearing this dress for Easter, but that didn't happen.  But hopefully soon I will be able to wear it out.

Until next time..............

Bonnie


4 comments:

  1. That fabric is really pretty....perfect for that style dress. Sorry to hear about your hubby...again. Poor guy I assume is done done done with hospitals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words & encouragement. Yes, he hopes he is done with hospitals, at least until December/January when he is expecting to have his pacemaker replaced again (5th time) but it's an outpatient and an easy surgery now days. I hope to wear this dress to Church one day, it seems to collect a lot of static when I wear it, but maybe just a safety pin in the inside hem somewhere would help with that. Any suggestions?

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I hope that this will be your husband's last hospital stay for awhile and that he's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete