A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, May 8, 2020

Butterick 6677 Crinkle Challis Dress

I decided to sew up a newer pattern this time around.  Girl M was the lucky receipient of this Butterick 6677 Dress.  I sewed View A in a size 18.  It felt like it took me forever to finish this dress since "LIFE" gets in the way.

Butterick 6677 Crinkle Challis Dress
 The neckline came out a little wonky and I had a "make it work" moment.  After sewing in the bias tape to the neckline I inserted a piece of 1/8" elastic to tighten the neckline.  It worked!

Butterick 6677 Crinkle Challis Dress
 I used a Claret/Soft Blue/Flame/ Mulit 100% Rayon Geometric Print Crinkle Challis fabric from FabricMartFabric.com.  $3.90/yard.


Butterick 6677 Crinkle Challis $11.70 Dress
I wish Girl M. had an occasion to wear this dress.  Maybe sometime soon.

I'm off to sew myself a version of this dress!

Until next time............

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment