A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, May 15, 2020

Ellie and Mac Oasis Swim Suit

I am soooo out of my comfort zone!  Girl M wanted a swimsuit.  Of course, all the stores have been closed, we are not going anywhere for anything.  So with a lot of pushing from Girl M, this Momma made a swimsuit.  Well, actually two swimsuits!

I saw the Oasis Swim pattern from Ellie and Mac so I thought I would give it a shot.  I made a muslin/trial run out of swimsuit fabric and sewing a swimsuit wasn't as hard as I thought.


My first version wasn't too bad.  I had a few things Girl M wanted fixed. I cut out a Large for the top and an XL for the bottom.  The bottom needed the waist taken in 1/2" at the side seams and the crotch width made 1" smaller.  For the top, she wanted the ties longer and the bands wider.  Easy enough!







After fixing a few minor issues I made Girl M a second swimsuit in black.  I also adjusted the bottoms to have a more yoga style waistband.  She LOVED it!  She said she's keeping the pink version so she can mix and match her swimsuits.









Well, I would consider this a win-win!  She's happy, I'm happy ALL is good!

I still can't believe I made a swimsuit!

Happy Sewing!

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely! Your daughter looks wonderful in her swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing wonderful suits. Its more useful and more helpful. Great doing keep sharing.

    Referred to Indiana IT Assessment

    ReplyDelete