A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, May 4, 2020

McCall 8017 Navy Floral Sheath Dress

I know I have no where to go but I keep on sewing new dresses.  When the world gets a "new" normal I will be one of the best dressed ladies out there!  No sweats or leggings for me in public!

I sewed a dress from another great oldie pattern from my stash.  McCall's 8017 sheath dress.  After a quick muslin I had to make a few adjustments.  I cut a size 16 at the bust and waist, a size 18 for the hips.  Moved bust darts 2" lower.  1/2" sway back adjustment, took in waist darts above the waist 1/8", lowered neckline made shoulder length 1/2" shorter.  I know it seems like a lot of fitting but it was worth it!

McCall 8017 Sheath Dress
Can you see Girl M. doing her school work?  She's almost done with High School!  She isn't concerned about all her High School traditions and has dreaded Graduation ceremony for a while.  As of today they are undecided about the ceremony and she would be happier if they would mail her diploma.  It's sad because she deserves to walk across the stage to get her diploma but she really could care less.  More than anything she wants the State to open up so she can take her CNA-State exam.  Soon enough child!

McCall 8017 Navy Floral Sheath Dress

My Mom suggested a tulip style sleeve and it turned out beautiful!

Tulip Sleeve

Back View

Back slit
 I used a Navy/Ivory/Red Cotton Lycra Hazy Floral Print Sateen-NY Designer Fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com for $5.25/yard.

I can't wait so that I can wear this dress to Church.

McCall 8017 Navy Floral Sheath Dress $10.50
I am off to sew something great!

Until next time................

Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress and I love those sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress. The fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty dress, can't wait to see you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sleeves. Could you do a post on how to make them please?
    Janey

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful dress! Thanks for continuing to post through this crazy epidemic. It is enjoyable to see what you've been making and helps the bad news stay at bay at least for a little while.

    ReplyDelete