A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, March 19, 2018

TNT Simplicity 7243 White Tan Lace Sheath Dress

The Simplicity 7243 is an older pattern but has been my TNT base for my sheath dress.  I've hacked this pattern so many times I've lost count.  Recently I've had to re-draft the pattern to size down.  I think a great fitting princess seam sheath dress is a pattern staple.  This pattern has the princess seams to to the armhole, I plan on looking for a pattern that the princess seams go to the shoulder.


Simplicity 7243

The brown kraft paper is my old pattern and the white vellum is my newest version.  Getting smaller!

Redrafted pattern pieces


Inspiration
I loved the coloring of the lace and the lace placement at the center.  I preferred a slimmer fitting skirt to the flared version.  I think this is a pretty good copy.

Simplicity 7243 
I top stitched the lace panel with invisible thread since I didn't have a tan colored thread to match.

Lace close-up

Back View
$8.49 Dress!
My new Twin Fit dress form has arrived!  You can't seem much difference in the picture between the new dress form on the left and the old plus size on the right.  But my dresses fit on the new form so much easier.  No more wrestling them on and off.  I may pad the belly/butt area a little but maybe I should just do more exercise.........


Dress Forms
I also ordered a magnetic seam guide from Wawak.  I thought that it would be helpful.  So far I really like this little gadget.

Magnetic Seam Guide

Magnetic Seam Guide
I'm off to find a shoulder princess seam pattern.

Until next time........................

2 comments:

  1. I love that dress. I go back and forth between wanting armhole vs shoulder princess seams. I wonder how hard it would be to convert this pattern??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of white fabric with tan lace.

    ReplyDelete