A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, March 30, 2018

Islander Sewing Systems #232 Hangin' Out Express v1

I sewed a man's shirt for the first time.  I used the Islander Sewing Systems #232 Hangin' Out Express pattern by Janet Pray.  I really like her techniques for sewing and I'm finally getting better and better sewing with less pins.  I still use them occasionally but not as often as I used to.

I made Girl M's friend the first version of this shirt.  I sewed up a Large but the next version I will try a medium.  It fits him but I think it's a little big.

The collar gave me the hardest time.  Sometimes I think I just get impatient.  I took a little breather then it went together fine.

#232 Hangin' Out Express Work in Progress

Back View
 AJ was happy with the shirt.  I told him the sewing was far from perfect to just wear it fishing & around the house, but he said he was wearing it to school the next day! 

I learned so much making this shirt and I am looking forward to making him another version soon.


AJ modeling shirt
I have a few pair of Firefighter dress pant to hem for a friend then I'll be ready to start another project.

Until next time................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment