A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, March 26, 2018

Simplicity 7103 Shoulder Princess Seam Dress

I found a shoulder princess seam dress pattern in my stash of patterns!

I seem to be drawn to the Design Your Own Dress series of patterns.  This pattern is for woven fabrics but I'm going to make it for knits.  I only have to do minor adjustments for my first pattern alterations. Size 18 bust, 20 waist, then adding 1/4" to all the seam allowances for the hips.  I may have to do a sway back adjustments and re-angle to shoulder seams but that's pretty usual for me.


Simplicity 7103

Simplicity 7103 
I am liking the bottom left view the best.  Classy in a solid colored knit fabric.


MOVE OVER TNT PATTERN SIMPLICITY 7468! THERE'S A NEW FAVORITE IN TOWN!!!

I sewed up a quick muslin of the Simplicity 7103 in a black polyester knit.  It's more like a double knit but I couldn't find the tag so it's a mystery polyester knit fabric.

Simplicity 7103 Black Knit Dress

Neck View
Princess Seams Topstitched

But I can't believe that the fit is about a 99% perfect!  I decided to finish the neckline and the armholes by just turning and stitching 1/4".  I also top-stitched the princess seams. 

 I'm still fighting allergies and I am one HOT MESS!  My eyes are red, my face it puffy and I think my bra is full of tissues!  I will spare you all my runny nose and my messy hair.  I HATE pollen!

Add caption


I know that there will be another version of this pattern in the works soon.

I love it when a pattern & fabric come together to make a beautiful dress!

Until next time................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment