A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Wardrobe Staple: Beige Dress

I can do some serious daydreaming on Pinterest.  I came across this pin and I just love EVERYTHING about this wardrobe.  So off I was to sew up a beige dress.

Pinterest inspiration

I really need to get a denim jacket and a coral blazer and a striped tote and........I think I'll just go shopping in my closet to see what I have.

I used my usual TNT pattern, Simplicity 7243, in a tan ponte knit fabric.  No changes made to the TNT pattern.  I was able to stitch this up in a few hours.


Wardrobe Staple: Beige Dress


Princess seam & sleeveless

With fall colored cardigan

ITY knit cardigan

With floral print jacket

Navy McCall 7254 cardigan jacket


McCall 6844 white eyelet cardigan 

McCall 6844 black ITY knit cardigan

Green Bob Mackie Sweater

McCall 6844 Coral cardigan

Red & White check long coat

I think that this beige dress will be a wardrobe staple in my closet.  The total of making this dress was $8.00!  What a GREAT deal!

Until next time................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! That is what I call a versatile wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So versatile! And it looks great with all of your toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Versatile indeed. I like it best with the striped ITY knit cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a great wardrobe staple. I really like the white eyelet and the black cardigans.

    ReplyDelete