A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, October 20, 2017

Blue Floral Paisley Print ITY Knit Cowl/Drape Neck Top

Another TNT knit cowl/drape neck top pattern.  I sure hope my sewing doesn't bore you.  I know it's nothing "new" but knowing that it's a great fit with a beautiful fabric, it excites me!

I had a little of this fabric left over from a dress I made Dear Daughter over the summer.  It was I could do to use this fabric for a dress for her.  I'm a greedy fabric stash hog!  But she loved the dress and I'm glad I used it for her, but I'm even happier I had enough fabric left over for me a top!

Blue Floral Paisley Print ITY Knit Cowl/Drape Neck Top

$6.10 Top!

Blue Floral Paisley Print ITY Knit Cowl/Drape Neck Top

I think I will get a lot of wear out of this top.  It goes with so many skirts in my closet.

Another instant gratification sewing project (in knit!).

I've been having foot problems again.  This time it's my heel.  First thing in the mornings I can not put any pressure on my left foot.  A few weeks ago I stood up and had a tearing pain in my heel/arch all of a sudden.  I was sore for a few days and went away.  Now I've noticed that first thing in the morning and if I sit for a long time my left foot feels like I'm walking on my bone, no foot.  But it does improve during the day and with stretching.

After doing a little research I think I have plantar fasciitis.  I've purchased a night foot splint and bought some new Sketcher shoes for everyday wear around the house.  (I usually just wear Nike or Croc flip-flops).  I know that the Sketchers are not very fashionable but I have to do whatever it takes to heal this! 

I also believe that I have a potassium deficiency too.  I've been having chin and calf cramps for about two months.  I also get restless leg at night.  Since we've been on a low-carb/Keto style diet for almost a year now I've and have/or have had most of the potassium deficiency symptoms I am going to start taking a potassium/magnesium supplement. 

I'm going to give myself a until January to improve, if not, I will have to find a Doctor. 

Until next time...............

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Plantar fasciitis? Yep, sounds like it. Everyone has their own story of what works....so here is mine. Three things:
    1 Good shoes...most important.
    2 Stretching exercise
    3 Massage
    After a fair amount of time I went to a foot and ankle doc. Eight cortisone shots and eight months later not any better. Told me I would need surgery. I had read DO NOT DO surgery. Did a lot of research.
    1 Good supportive shoes. I was at Atlanta Sewing Expo one year when my foot was unbearable. There was a booth selling shoes (Walk the Walk)and they advertised helping all kinds of foot ailments including plantar fasciitis. They were incredibly expensive but I bought a pair anyway and put them on right away. I could feel the difference immediately. I have been wearing this brand of shoe ever since. Have several pair in different colors. Google Walk the Walk, you can buy online. I am not affiliated in any way, just a happy customer.
    2 Stretching...the exercises the doc gave me didn't do much. Someone told me to stand on the edge of a step with just the top half of your foot and let the heel drop down as far as you can. It will hurt (more in your calf). Start with 10 seconds or so but do not over do. Work up to a minute or more....several times a day. Really stretches that tendon and worked better for me than any other exercise.
    3 Massage. My hubby would hard rub that area of the foot. When I say rub, I mean torture. But after awhile the pain would dissipate. You can use a tennis ball or even a frozen bottle of water.

    Sorry this is so long. Hope it helps and good luck.

    ReplyDelete