A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My Version of H by Halston Sleeveless Knit Top with Sheer Overlay

Watching QVC is one of my daily activities.  I don't usually buy anything but I love to see what's in fashion and what's on trend.

There are a few designers that I look forward to seeing what they have on air.  H by Halston is my favorite for tops & simple dresses, Issac Mizarahari has the best cardigans & dresses.  Liz Claiborne has great tops.

I saw this sleeveless knit top with sheer overlay aired last week and knew I could copy this.  There is a knit tank underneath and a chiffon type overlay that crosses in the front.  The hem is high-low.


QVC's H by Halston Sleevless Knit Top with Sheer Overlay


I couldn't justify $40 for a tank top so off to the sewing room I went.  I used my TNT tank pattern and made a second copy, making the front full (not on the fold).  I used my french curve to curve the hem.

You can see the full specs here.

I used a yard of white knit I had in stock for who knows what reason.  It was too thin to use for a dress or skirt so I think it's perfect for the under tank.  I also had some mesh knit fabric that I bought a few months ago from Fabric Mart.  I think I only paid $1.99 or less per yard.


My Version Front View

My Version Back View

My Version

My Version-Neckline

I am happy with the outcome of this top.  I'm more happy that I used up a fabric that I don't usually sew with.

Until next time..................

Bonnie



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design and fabric print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It made me feel good to use a fabric & design that was not my usual. Maybe another will be in the works..... Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete