A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, June 24, 2016

Butterick 6821 McCall 7160 Navy Dot Dress

My little nephew was turning 2 this past weekend and I didn't have a thing to wear to his party!

Happy 2nd Birthday!

I sewed up another frankenpattern dress Saturday morning and finished the hem about an hour before I had to leave!  No pressure here!

Since the party was outside and it's only 100 degrees here, I thought a shorter version was the best choice.
Butterick 6821 Navy Dot Dress

Self fabric neck binding
I didn't have any fold over elastic for the neckline so I just made binding from the dot fabric.  It worked out better since it didn't take away from the scatter dots of the dress.

Shoulder gathers
I used invisible thread for the shoulder elastic channels.  I didn't want to take away from the fabric.

Side View

Dress with Belt

$10.50 Dress
I really like this version of the dress.  Cool, comfortable and classy!

Going out
I repotted my African Violets back in March and they are blooming beautifully!  I like the way they look in my dining room window.

My Violets

African Violets

I'm thinking of ordering Silhouette Patterns Dressed to Kill Gently book and their pattern of the month the #212 Kors Zipper Top.  After watching the YouTube video on the top there seems to be many possibilities for this pattern.

I'm off to sew something wonderful!

Until next time................

Bonnie



4 comments:

  1. Glad you posted a picture of you wearing the dress; I like to see it on a person. You look great in it. Your African violets are pretty - I have a white one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments. A white one....I'll have to be on the lookout for that, I thought I had a pink one but I guess I don't.....!

      Delete
  2. You made the perfect dress, you look so comfortable

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've worn this dress a dozen times since I've sewn it and I just can't get over how nice it makes me feel. I will have to sew up more soon! Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete