A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Fall Sewing #7 Butterick 5760 Cardigan Green Dress Dilemma cont.

I'm thinking this green floral ponte knit fabric is going to be a beautiful cardigan!


Green Floral Ponte Knit Fabric

I liked Butterick 5760 Cardigan I made here.  I wanted to change up the neck line.  It seamed a little too high and I thought a little more of a soft V in the front would be nice.


Butterick 5760 Green Floral Ponte Knit Cardigan
Butterick 5760 Cardigan-Work in Progress

For some reason this fabric just excites me!  I love florals and this print is just lovely! It is almost the exact same color green as the RTW knit dress!


McCall 5760 Cardigan with Green RTW dress
Since this pattern was already "fit to me" when I made it back in July, it only took me about an hour to sew it up!



Butterick 5760 Cardigan-Back View


Butterick 5760 Cardigan $9.00!



 
Sewn So Far:

  • Drape neck tank top in midnight blue ITY knit.
  • Regular tank with neck/arm band in midnight blue ITY knit
  • M6844 Cardigan Fuschia Abstract Wavy Stripe ITY Knit
  • M6844 Cardigan Pink Black Chains Pearls Animal ITY Knit 
  • M6844 Cardigan Blue Tropical Floral ITY Knit
  • B5760 Green Floral Ponte Knit Cardigan
  • Drape neck dress in Raspberry matte ITY knit
  • Nightgown in blue rose bouquet cotton sheets

Still Want to Sew:

  • Sweater Wrap Top
  • Denim Skirt (made a muslin........)
  • Sleeveless Button Down Top (made a muslin........ not liking it)
  • Princess Seam Sheath Dress
  • Stripe Vest
  • 3/4 sleeve Maxi Dress-Solid Color
  • Something with fringe
  • Red dress with Animal Print Cardigan
I have finally caught up on my Project Runway watching.  I have to say I think I blushed the whole episode.  I'm not a intimates type sewer, wearer, or watcher.  I'm really liking Laurie, she has the sweetest disposition.  I'm not sorry that Blake is heading home.  He's a good designer but he's immature and still has a lot to learn. 

Can't wait for this week's episode, I don't think I will be blushing with dumpster diving for electronics. 


Until next time....................
 
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment