I used Steam-A-Seam Lite 2 on the bottom hem of the flounce. I just snip every 1/2" or so and work my way around the bottom. Ironing on the tape then folding up the hem. Sometimes I topstitch, sometimes I don't. It makes the hem have a nice, crisp fold without making the fabric stiff.
|McCall 6844 Steam-A-Seam Lite 2 Hem|
I used the burrito method for attaching the neckband that was used here. She did a fabulous job explaining the technique. I was a little nervous, thinking I would accidently catch the rolled fabric, but it turned out GREAT! Just what I wanted!
|McCall 6844 Burrito method collar piece|
|McCall 6844 Work in Progress|
I didn't sew the sleeves in flat because I didn't want to add more bulk to my "burrito". But it all worked out fine.
|McCall 6844 Collar piece added|
|McCall 6844 Back View|
|McCall 6844 with Green RTW Dress|
|McCall 6844 Up close with Dress|
Another cardigan, only $8.00! I like that I can wear this version with my Navy Blue Natalie Muse dress, a black dress, a skirt and tank....... so many options!
|McCall 6844 Cardigan $8.00!|
|McCall 6844 Cardigan with Green RTW Dress|
Sewn So Far:
- Drape neck tank top in midnight blue ITY knit.
- Regular tank with neck/arm band in midnight blue ITY knit
- M6844 Cardigan Fuschia Abstract Wavy Stripe ITY Knit
- M6844 Cardigan Pink Black Chains Pearls Animal ITY Knit
- M6844 Cardigan Blue Tropical Floral ITY Knit
- Drape neck dress in Raspberry matte ITY knit
- Nightgown in blue rose bouquet cotton sheets
Still Want to Sew:
- Sweater Wrap Top
- Denim Skirt (made a muslin........)
- Sleeveless Button Down Top (made a muslin........ on the fence)
- Princess Seam Sheath Dress
- Stripe Vest
- 3/4 sleeve Maxi Dress-Solid Color
- Something with fringe
- Red dress with Animal Print Cardigan
|New Reading Material!|
Until next time..............