A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Where do you sew?

I know most people don't have a designated sewing area.  I have sewn on the floor, on the dining room table even on our porch.  I finally decided to carve out a little sewing area in our dining room/entry.  Our oldest is 19 and I can probably almost count the days until I have an extra bedroom.  It will be a sad day but it would be nice to not have to clean up every night before bed.

Sewing Area
This space might be a total of 5'x3'.  I try to make the most of the small area.  I am thinking of getting IKEA shelves to replace the cabinet.  I feel there is alot of wasted space.

Guess what's in here.....

Patterns, patterns and more patterns.  Shhhhhh don't tell the hubby!

This is my cutting side.  I have my computer on Pandora Radio and the drawers are full of things too.  The dining room table in on the left.  I moved alot of the cutting stuff over here since it seems like I was carrying it from one side of the room to the other.  See my brown paper roll I use for patterns.


This is kind of the scary side.  These are all the things I have on Etsy and on Ebay.  Clothing, patterns & pillowcase dresses.  The cabinet on the right is our craft cabinet.  We have papers & pencils & markers & bills & computer stuff & Christmas cards &...... the printer is on top of this cabinet. 

I am thinking of the Ikea shelves on this side too.

What would I do with all this space?  I love the ones we put in Girl M's room.  I know I can fill it all up too!

None of this included the fabric.  That is another post since it's in our bedroom and growing by the minute.

Don't forget to look at items I have for sale at etsy!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bigwheel179?ref=ss_profile

Happy sewing until next time.....


Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment