A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sewing

I had just enough leftover sheet fabric from my Simplicity 7896 blouse to make Girl M. a top too.  She just loves it when we match.... No, really, she doesn't mind as long as we don't wear them on the same day, Like TODAY! 

It only took me about 2 hours to complete her top.  I did have to increase the size for her.  I added 3/4" to the side seams but left the yoke shoulders the same.  I guess you could say I did a bust adjustment for a 10yr old.  This pattern is so easy so I just retraced it onto brown paper for future use.

Simplicity 2986

Completed Simplicity 2986
 Not good lighting in the dining room at 9pm.  The sheet fabric has a light pale pink background with red, dark pink and brown flowers with a white flower shadow.

Girl M. wearing Simplicity 2986
 That is not her usual look on her face, she burned her finger while straightening her hair this morning so this is the only look she would give me. I think she's telling me to hurry up!

As much as I hate to have my picture taken I did ask Girl M. to take a picture of the Simplicity 7896 blouse on me.  The top is very comfortable and I have to admit I was worried about the button up front.  I am busty and I hate in when buttons gap.  This top is doing great so far.  No gaping, the armholes don't show any bra and the length covers most of what I like to hide.

Simplicity 7896

Simplicity 7896

I tied the top into a knot instead of a bow.   I think I need to get a pair of brown capris to go with it.  I tried wearing a set of pink pearls with it but it was just a little too much this morning. 

Tonight I am going to work on a favorite pattern. Butterick 5195.  I really think that this top will go with alot of items I have. 

I am thinking of View C again.  I have made 4 of these in the past year.  They seam to be so versitile and go with about anything.  I prefer to wear tanks under most of my clothing and this let me do that.

The fabric I chose is:
It would look good with about any color tank under.  But I was thinking of using Red bias trim and Red ties.  So with a red tank it would really stand out.  This is the same fabric as my living room drapes.  I guess I really like it.

I have been selling patterns, pillowcase dresses and some of Girl M.'s clothing on e-bay and Etsy to save up money to buy the Sure-Fit Designs.  I am about 1/3 of the way there!

I will have some pictures of my sewing area on my next post.

Until next time....

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Ok, now I am definitely making this top sleeveless. I have a print that has purple and yellow and orange flowers that I will use. It looks great on you. I think you should make some pink capris to go with it--that would look great. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Also, those swinging doors behind you took me right back to my childhood. The house I grew up in had those and I loved them. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see yours. Please send me pictures when you're done. Thanks for looking at my blog.

      PS. The swinging doors comment makes me chuckle.

      Bonnie

      Delete