It only took me about 2 hours to complete her top. I did have to increase the size for her. I added 3/4" to the side seams but left the yoke shoulders the same. I guess you could say I did a bust adjustment for a 10yr old. This pattern is so easy so I just retraced it onto brown paper for future use.
|Completed Simplicity 2986|
|Girl M. wearing Simplicity 2986|
As much as I hate to have my picture taken I did ask Girl M. to take a picture of the Simplicity 7896 blouse on me. The top is very comfortable and I have to admit I was worried about the button up front. I am busty and I hate in when buttons gap. This top is doing great so far. No gaping, the armholes don't show any bra and the length covers most of what I like to hide.
I tied the top into a knot instead of a bow. I think I need to get a pair of brown capris to go with it. I tried wearing a set of pink pearls with it but it was just a little too much this morning.
Tonight I am going to work on a favorite pattern. Butterick 5195. I really think that this top will go with alot of items I have.
The fabric I chose is:
I have been selling patterns, pillowcase dresses and some of Girl M.'s clothing on e-bay and Etsy to save up money to buy the Sure-Fit Designs. I am about 1/3 of the way there!
I will have some pictures of my sewing area on my next post.
Until next time....