A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weekend Sewing

This weekend I made Girl M. another Simplicity 2986 top.  She saw a red and white polka dot top at the store last week and I knew that it would be my NEXT project.

She was suprised when she saw it.  I did piping on the yoke front and back.  This was my first time using piping and it was so-o-o-o-o easy!  I found her skirt/shorts at the thrift shop on Friday for $3.99.  What a bargin.

Simplicity 2986
I think Girl M. will get alot of use out of both the top and the skirt. 

I did finish the Butterick 5195 for me.  It turned out great and I have alot of capris and tanks to mix and match with it.  I think I will get alot of use out of it this summer.

Front View

Side View

Back View
I went to lay out the pattern pieces for Simplicity 7896 on the navy blue swiss dot fabric and realized there was not enough.  So now I have to find another pattern for that fabric.  I have narrowed it down to....
Butterick 5722? View A


Butterick 5709? View A or C


I only have 2 yards of the navy fabric.  If you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Until next time....

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment