A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

McCall's 9676

Girl M. saw this pattern and wants me to make her View B in the Navy Blue Swiss Dot fabric.  This McCall's 9676 is from about 1969.  I bought it this weekend at a thrift shop. 
McCall's 9676

Muslin pattern pieces
I thought I would make a muslin out of the top part to see if it would be ok on Girl M.  I cut out the four pieces and once started to read the directions I was totally lost!  I can't figure out how to put these four pieces together.  I feel like the directions are in another language.  I'm not sure how I feel about this pattern.  I put it down last night and thought I would try again this evening with a fresh start.  Maybe I was just tired?

On another note, Girl M. made Safety Patrol at her school for next year.  She was so excited to get her belt yesterday.  So today I had to take her picture.


Girl M. safety patrol
Only 1-1/2 days of school left!  I can't wait!  It will be nice to be off on Mondays & Fridays with the kids and not have to drive them to school!  Now I don't have any reason to leave the house for 4 days straight!  I'm such a hermit!

Until next time....

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment