A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, December 10, 2021

Love Notions Olympia Gown with Designer Stitch Brenda Petal Sleeves

 I could have made 10 different gowns to wear to my Niece's wedding.  But I stayed on track and made a dress and stuck with it.

I wanted to wear a velvet fabric since the wedding was so close to the holidays.  Then Fabric Mart Fabrics had a stretch velvet knit fabric with embroidered flowers.  OMG it was perfect! Deciding on a pattern was harder but I thought the Love Notions Olympia dress with the Designer Stitch Brenda petal sleeves would work nicely together.

Embroidered Knit Velvet



Olympia Dress & Brenda Petal Sleeves

Selfie before we left for the wedding.  2-1/2 drive, Dress was very comfortable.

Selfie with my wedding date!

It was so nice to see the girls get all dressed up.  

My girls (minus Girl M who was a bridesmaid)


Our Niece had a coffee bar for us.  It was so sweet to think of us on HER special day.

I love this photo!


The dress was like wearing a "buffet" dress.  It was very comfortable and forgiving.  I may shorten it to wear it to Church closer to Christmas.

Until next time...............

Bonnie


2 comments: