A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Itch to Stitch Celeste Dress v2

 On this second version of the Itch to Stitch Celeste dress I sewed a size 14 with an A bust.  I still think of myself being larger than I am.  There is no way a size 14 will fit much less an A bust but I know that my tape measure doesn't lie and I'll give it a shot.

Itch to Stitch Celeste Dress v2

The hips & waist fit well on this version but the bust to shoulders is still too big.


I ended up removing 1/4" from the apex to the shoulder at the princess seams in the front and back.  But on the good side, the sleeves fit!  I measure a 14" bicep from a 22" in 2018!


Close-up bodice front

Back View

I'm thinking of trying a size 10 with a D Bust on a third version.

Wish Me Luck...............

Bonnie



2 comments:

  1. Such a cute dress on you, very flattering! I admire your persistence in working towards a perfect fit. One question - the horizontal seam in the front appears nearer to your waist than the dress on the photo on the pattern cover, did you adjust that seam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn’t alter the waist seam height, I think maybe because my bust is fuller than the models maybe. The waist was one of the few lines I didn’t have to adjust. Optical illusion?

      Delete