A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Ellie and Mac Forever Flounce Top x2

 Since I've been on a roll sewing up independent pattern companies pattern I continued on with the Ellie & Mac Forever flounce top pattern.  What's not to love with this pattern?  Knit top-Love! Flounce-Love!  Quick sew-Love Love!

Ellie and Mac Forever Flounce Top

I sewed up an XL to accommodate my hips.  Underarm area turned out too bid but it was an easy fix to take additional seam allowances from the underarm to the waist.  

This may be my "new" most favorite top, it makes me look like I have a tiny waist!

Ellie and Mac Forever Flounce Top

I used a piece of jersey fabric from my stash and besides the center back not matching up I'm going to say this is a wearable muslin.

Back View


Side View

Can you really have too many black tops?  I think a Forever flounce top in a crepe black knit will soon be a wardrobe staple!

Black Crepe Knit

The only changes I made to this version was to shorten the length by 1" and narrow the flounces 3/4".  This top is such an easy & quick  sew.  

Side View

Back View

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes for my Mom, I think she was surprised!  

I'm off to sew something new.................


Until next time...............


Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Glad you posted as I have been looking at this on, may have to buy it.

    ReplyDelete