A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, July 17, 2020

Simplicity 9626 Black White Floral Print Skirt & McCall 7975 Crepe Knit Twist Top

VivmomSews from YouTube inspired with her black & white floral print skirt.  Wouldn't you know that I had purchased the same fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com.  Yeah me!

Searching through my pattern stash for a full or half circle skirt I came up with this vintage Simplicity 9626 half circle skirt pattern I had.  I omitted the side zipper and added 1-1/2" elastic to the waistband.  Easy sew!

Simplicity 9626

Simplicity 9626
The fabric is a fabric panel that I removed the stripe portion and made the skirt from just the floral part.  I then sewed the 8" stripe border portion back onto to bottom of the skirt.  The fabric was a double border floral print crepe knit that sewed up beautifully.

Simplicity 9626 Black White Floral Print Skirt
I needed a top to wear with my new skirt.  The McCall's 7975 twist top came to mind and the crepe ITY knit fabric was a perfect match.

McCall 7975 Crepe Knit Twist Top

McCall 7975 Crepe Knit Twist Top
I used a fold-over elastic at the neckline and made elbow length sleeves.


McCall 7975 Crepe Knit Twist Top

$5.78 top!
I am in LOVE with this outfit!  I can't wait to wear it to Church soon!

Until next time................

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. I can understand why you are in love with this outfit! It is a very pretty skirt and having a black top to go with it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great looking pieces! Love the skirt and the top will be great with just about everything.

    ReplyDelete