A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, July 20, 2020

Love Notions Pattern Sunday Romper Dress Tester

I was picked to test the Love Notions Sunday Romper pattern at the end of May.  (Sorry to take so long to post about it)  I have never been a pattern tester before and I thought that it was a fun learning experience.  I don't wear shorts, wear pants on minimal occasion but I do wear dresses so the short dress caught my attention. 

My first test version was awful.  I'm not sure if it was the pattern or the fabric I chose.  I tried it on, Girl M tried it on.........no photos were taken.  I think I was ashamed of my sewing.  Nothing went right, The dress looked horrible.  I was so afraid to review it that I waited for an amended version and tried again. 



Ladies Sunday Romper


Introducing the Sunday Romper that everyone can wear. The front and back v-neck openings allow for easy on and off. Front angled pockets are super practical and look great! An elasticated casing at the natural waist makes this easy to fit and wear. Choose from a tank or dolman bodice. Five bottom options include 5″ shorts, cropped pants, full length pants, maxi skirt and knee length skirt. This romper is meant for knit fabrics.
  • 0-32
  • Meant for knit fabrics
  • Full Bust pattern pieces if needed
  • Dolman & tank bodice options
  • Three lengths for pants- shorts, cropped & full length
  • Two length options- knee & full length
This version was much better than the first one.  Still not thrilled but ok.  It will make a good "house dress" to wear at home.  I used a thin jersey knit fabric that maybe was a little too thin but a wearable muslin.

The skirt length is good (Look at those knees!)

The sleeves fit!

Neckband fit in perfect

Elastic waist 

Love Notions Sunday Romper Dress
I think I could go down a size for the bodice and lengthen the bodice an 1" or so for more blousson over the elastic waist.

Back View
I like that the skirt has pockets.  The fabric is almost tissue thin so the pockets don't lay decent.

Pockets
Overall the pattern is ok.  I'm thinking of maybe trying either the maxi dress version or the pants romper one.

Wearable Muslin House Dress

Back
I did enter my photos into Love Notions Patterns Testing review even though I wasn't thrilled with this version but time was ending and I didn't feel like making another version too soon.  But I will try one of the others soon.

Until next time.................

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. I like that this pattern has so many options. I think this looks nice on you and I think finding the right knit for this will work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of revisiting this pattern again soon. Maybe Girl M would like the pants/jumpsuit version.

      Delete