A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, March 9, 2020

Butterick 5649 Two Denim Skirts

This Butterick 5649 has been a TNT pattern for me for many years.  I either had to alter the skirt I made in December or just re-make another one.  Remake it was!

I really should remake this pattern from the original instead of altering an altered version.  It may make things a little easier.  From my altered version I took in 1" at the side seam allowances.  That's 4" overall!  I also shortened the skirt 2" making it top of the knee length.  I really do love this pattern.


Butterick 5649 White Denim Skirt

Back View

$6.00 White Denim Skirt

Butterick 5649 Blue stretch denim skirt

Back View
I'm off to sew something new!

Until next time..................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we would rather make a whole new skirt rather then alter one? These look so great Bonnie, a classic, comfortable look to take you into summer. I think I have this pattern, I am going to take a look, this is very similar to a rtw skirt I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would rather make a new garment than alter one. I sometimes envy those who re-fashion a garment. It"s a great pattern, I just made another view and really like it too. Happy Sewing!

      Delete
  2. Love, love love denim anything! Especially love the white for summer (in your case - most of the year).

    ReplyDelete