A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

A Few Alterations

Alterations are NOT my favorite sewing projects.  But when you have items you love sometimes altering is worth it.  

I made this McCall's 6073 maxi dress in June 2019.  I've worn it a few times but I think the weight pulls too much on the skirt and it'snow too big.  But I LOVE this print so it' was one of the chosen ones to be altered.

The dress looks like a nightgown on me now............

McCall 6073 Maxi version

Back View

Bra View
I shortened the maxi version to lower knee length.  It helped take some of the weight off of the bodice and waistband.  I also took in side seams 1-1/2", that's 6" total!  Wow!  I can't wait to wear this dress again.

Please don't mind my Sketchers, they are my daily shoes and I didn't feel like finding heels for a quick photo.

McCall 6073 Altered Version

Back View

McCall's 6073 Altered

This leopard print top is a purchased ready to wear top.  I love this top and decided to keep and alter it to my "new" size.   The top is very comfortable but felt like I was wearing a sack.  

RTW Leopard Print Top

Back View

A little Sack feeling
 After taking in about 5/8" from elbow to hip it fits a little closer and feels so much better.

Altered RTW Leopard Print Top

Back View

I made this sleeveless McCall 7193 top in October and only wore it twice. I liked the panel print and decided to alter it too.  It was a little low under my arms, exposing my bra and too much fabric at the hips.

McCall 7193

Back View
I took the side seams in 1" from underarms to 1-1/2" at the hips.  Finding matching thread was the hardest part of this alteration.  

Altered McCall 7193

Back View

McCall 7193 ITY Knit Top
I don't know why I fuss about altering so much, I always like the end results.

I have a few items I found at the Thrift Shop coming up.

Until next time................

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. They look nice and you are able to get more wear out of them. I always fight alterations as well and always happy in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your alterations came out great 👍

    ReplyDelete