A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, May 27, 2019

McCall 6074 TNT Summer Dresses

My camera didn't like focusing on the print of this dress.  After about 10 tries, I just picked the best of the worse!

This ITY knit was thin and made the perfect Summer dress from my TNT McCall 6074 pattern.  I made the V-neck and added a little cap sleeve.  Easy Summer dressing.

McCall 6074 ITY Knit Dress

Cap Sleeve

Back View

View on Me

$7.20 Dress
The second version I made the 43" length, cap sleeves and v-neck.  This ITY knit is a little thicker but has a nice feel to it.


McCall 6074 ITY Knit Dresss

McCall 6074 ITY Knit Dress

Back View

$9.99 Dress
One last dress I was able to sew up in a few hours.

Purple Gray Black palm print ITY Knit McCall 6074


I've been working on a pattern for Girl M.  Knit, elastic waist, pull-on shorts.  I hate fitting pants/shorts!  I've having an issue with the crotch being too tight.  I think I need to scoop out the crotch deeper.  But it's giving me a headache, why can't she just wear a skirt?

Until next time...................

Bonnie

9 comments:

  1. Love those dresses--the prints are beautiful. When I am troubleshooting pants fitting I always need a picture to compare so I know what needs to be done. This may be helpful: https://5outof4.com/pants-fitting-guide. Pants are not so bad once you get a good fitting, then make a sloper. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you for the pants fitting site info, I'm on my way over there now!

      Delete
  2. Really like McCalls 6074 pattern
    By the time I tried to get it,it was OOP. I guess if you see something good don't poke around. Makes.me wonder with all the dress making it isn't vacation time soon

    Enjoy your blog
    First one I check every morning
    Keep on sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have an extra pattern if you are still interested. Let me know. (Yes, vacation starts Saturday!) I've packed 17 dresses into a 12"x24" cubby! Most of them are the McCall's 6074 too.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll mail it out on the 17th when we get back, excited someone can use it. Hugs

      Delete
    2. Mary,
      I'm back & I have shipped the pattern to you. Hope you'll send a photo of your version. Hugs & Happy Sewing!

      Delete