A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, May 10, 2019

Butterick 5649 Denim Skirts

Can a girl really have too many denim skirts?  I sewed my TNT Butterick 5649 View C again.  I really should look into view B, but I don't know about the button front and my hips/thighs pulling.  I'm afraid I'll be flashing everyone all the time.

I really like the fit of this skirt.  I've had to remove 1" from the side seams at the hip area for a closer fit.  It's an easy sew and I can finish this skirt in an afternoon.  A+ pattern for a satisfying sew!

Dark stretch denim fabric that loves to leave my fingertips blue!  I've washed this fabric two times before sewing the skirt up and three times after and it still rubs off on my hands.  It will get better.

Butterick 5649 Denim Skirt

Back View

This khaki stretch twill had only a little stretch.  It's a slimmer feeling fit but I do like it. 

Butterick 5649 Khaki Twill Skirt
I would NEVER wear my shirt tucked into my skirt out in public.  This is for your eyes only!  This purple skirt looks like I need more  circumference in my tummy area but the fabric has a lot of stretch.  I've made this skirt before in this same fabric but it's too big now. 

Butterick 5649 Purple Stretch Denim Skirt

Back View
I am hoping to get back to sewing dresses soon, maybe even try a NEW pattern.

Until next time..................

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. this blog is very informative i really learned a lot thanks for sharing your blog :)

    LinkHelpers Inc

    ReplyDelete