A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Simplicity 7106 Cherry Red Ponte Knit Princess Seam Sheath Dress

During the Christmas holiday I wore my green version of the TNT Simplicity 7106 Princess Seam Sheath Dress to Church and it reminded me of  how much I LOVE the fit and look of this dress.  Not too tight, not too loose, fits in all the right places and goes with so many cardigan & jackets in my closet.  What's not to love?

After purging my closet I noticed I did not own anything red.  Nothing, not a shirt, blouse, cardigan, nothing.  I remedied that by making my favorite Simplicity 7106 dress in a Cherry Red ponte knit.  Not only can I wear the dress for Christmas, but also Valentine's Day, 4th of July, Memorial Day, etc.  I think this dress will be a wardrobe staple too.

Simplicity 7106 Cherry Red Ponte Knit Princess Seam Sheath Dress 

Bob Mackie Sweater Cardigan

Black Pearl Quacker Factory Sweater Cardigan

Closeup

Black Gray Polka Dot Sweater

Short sleeve sweater

Gray Black Leopard Print Sweater

McCall 5668 Black Boucle Jacket

$5.98 Dress

I sewed this dress before January so I am not counting this towards my fabric stash use.  This was the last item sewed in 2018.  Now my countdown fabric stash can begin!

Simplicity 7106 Cherry Red Ponte Knit Princess Seam Sheath Dress
Sunday Church Service


Thought of the Day

I purchased some beautiful pieces of Silk Dupioni fabric from Fabric Mart Fabrics last month  and thought I would make them into the McCall 5668 Jacket.  The fabric is thinner than I though but I think if I interfaced the pieces it may work.

I've never worked with Silk Dupioni so I will have to do a little research on how to handle it, ei., wash, dry clean, press, and treat.

Do you have any tips or tricks?

Until next time.........................

Bonnie


4 comments:

  1. I was ga-ga over the dress paired with black (loved the pearl'd black cardigan, LOVE the leopard and the jacket!!) but it looks SO cute on you with he white sweater!

    You can wash a swatch of it if you have extra. It doesn't NEED pretreating but you can wash it; it will lose the luster and it'll soften (watch for dye runoff). You can dry clean it to maintain the shine and body.

    Recently I saw a garment where someone washed the silk taffeta before sewing it and it made me consider buying taffeta and I have NEVER held any interest! But it looked so nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments. I was brave and washed the silk dupioni and it turned out fine. Now to find time to sew!

      Delete
  2. Your dress is simply gorgeous and every item you paired it with looks fabulous. I am going to have to search my pattern stash and see if I have this pattern on hand.

    ReplyDelete