A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, January 14, 2019

McCall's 5668 Silver & White Metallic Floral Jacquard Jacket

Have you ever had a fabric & pattern that were meant to go together?  This silver & white jacquard fabric was destined to be a New Year's Eve Eve Church service Jacket.

While making the jacket I had the off-white double knit dress on the dress form and it seemed to be a perfect match to wear together!  My original plan was to wear the jacket with a black dress.  Maybe if we have an event to attend.

I used the McCall 5668 jacket pattern that has recently become a TNT favorite pattern that sewed up quickly.  I put new needles in both the serger and the sewing machine to make sure the needles didn't snag the silver metallic part of the fabric.


McCall 5668 Jacket

Fabric close-up

Back View
I made sure while pressing the fabric I used a pressing cloth to not melt the fabric.  My wooden clapper came in handy when pressing the seams flat. 


$17.00 fabric

$1.00 lining

 The pattern changes I made on this version were to make the ties narrower and longer and to lower the armhole 1/2" so that the sleeve cap didn't have too much ease.

$18.00 Jacket
I made this jacket just for New Year's eve eve Church Service.  Well, it was 80 degrees that morning!  The jacket was perfect in Church but from the house to the car it was hot!  Happy New Year in Florida!

Quick photo before Church
Until next time......................

Bonnie

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, versatile jacket! I'll bet the longer you look the more you find that it will go with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I plan on trying it Friday night with a black dress.

      Delete
  2. Oh that's beautiful, and it really enhances your hair. Nice touches with the white dress and silver sandals too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just looking at the fabric online, thinking that it would be a great skirt for New Year's Eve next year. What a nice, festive outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fantastic jacket! And how did I miss that fabric from FM! It’s gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jacket is gorgeous!! Love that fabric and perfect with how you styled it. It does highlight your pretty hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have truly inspired me to go sew!!! Your last 3 posts are all items I would be proud to own and wear. Thanks for sharing. You made my sewjo come home!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness such stunning fabric and jacket. You look so lovely in your outfit. I hope you get to wear it lots .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments. I'm planning on wearing it again this Friday for a cocktail party. I think it would work with a black dress. Happy Sewing!

      Delete