A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, January 25, 2019

Gala Event & Sunday Photos

Dear Hubby and I attended a Gala last Friday night.  It was a last minute invite (as usual) and we were told about it the Tuesday prior.  On Wednesday we were informed it was cocktail attire.  On Thursday we were told it was cocktail/evening wear attire.  Then on Friday we were told the event had a masquerade theme.

I'm so happy I love dressing up for Church.  Having something to wear on hand for a last minute event sure relieves a lot of stress.  I knew from the beginning that I wanted to wear my silver & white McCall 5668 jacket with a simple black dress.



They took a formal photo but I'm unsure how long and if we will receive the photo so all I have at this time is a selfie.  I didn't like the mask since I had to choose either mask or my glasses.  I'm blind so my glasses won most of the night.

Mask & Hair Matching?

I am happy I got to wear the jacket again and that I was very comfortable.  Win-win for me!


Dear Hubby and I usually take a selfie every Sunday or at least have Girl M. take the photo for us.  I do it to send my Mom a picture every week and to remember what I've worn to Church.

I finally got a chance to wear my McCall 5668 gray tweed jacket with a McCall 6074 in a fuchsia ITY knit fabric that I don't think I blogged about since I made so many I probably didn't think you wanted to hear about another one.  But after cleaning out my closet I found the dress and thought it was perfect match with the jacket.

McCall 5668 Gray jacket/McCall 6074 Dress

On Sunday mornings, I lay my dress out on the bed while I'm getting ready and Dear Hubby does a pretty good job of matching his shirt with whatever I'm wearing.  He's good like that!

Sunday Selfie
I'm off to sew something...................

Until next time................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment