A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, September 17, 2018

Turtlenecks in Florida Simplicity 7280

I have wanted to make a turtleneck top for a while.  Now I know I'm jumping the gun for Fall & Winter sewing but a girl has got to sew when the mood strikes!  Living in Florida you can usually wear a turtleneck for about an hour on the only cool day of the year.  So I decided to make my version sleeveless!

I used Simplicity 7280, an oldie but a goody pattern.  I added a bust dart to the pattern for my bust size.  I used a remnant piece of green ITY knit fabric I had in my stash.  Easy pattern having only the front, back and neck.  Sewed it all up and it fits and I really like it!

Simplicity 7280


Simplicity 7280 ITY Pea Green Knit Turtleneck

Back view

Bust Dart

Turtleneck

Turtleneck

With my Isaac Mizarahi Jacket

With White Denim Jacket

With Sweatshirt Jacket & Silhouette Pattern Nick & Zoe's Denim Skirt
I am thinking of making the turtleneck a little more fitted.  I may have to think about this a little bit. 

Girl M is saying she "needs" something NEW to wear to school this week............

I'm off to sew something wonderful............

Until next time...........

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment