A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, September 28, 2018

Sure-Fit Designs Pink Dot Party Dress

I used the Sure-Fit Designs bodice blueprint to make Girl M a new dress.  I added short sleeves with a v-notch cutout and made a 3/4 circle skirt.  The entire dress is lined with a poly lining since the printed fabric is a thin cotton.

Girl M. said the dress reminds her of a 4 year old's Birthday Party dress.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad????


Sure-Fit Designs Pink Dot Party Dress

Sleeve Detail

Side View
The neckline is beautiful.  I took my time under-stitching the lining and it was worth it.  It lays perfect.
Sure-Fit Designs Pink Dot Party Dress
Hemming the skirt and the skirt lining took forever.  You don't realize the length of a 3/4 circle skirt circumference until you have to fold and stitch it.  It must have been a mile long!

Sure-Fit Designs Pink Dot Party Dress
I'm in need of a basic black slim skirt.  I think I'll get out my skirt blueprint and work on making a skirt next.

Until next time.............................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. It is lovely and I can appreciate the work put in to do two hems and all the other fine details. Girl M is probably looking at the color and the style, not the work you put into it. When my girl were teens, I would have them choose the fabric and style--sometimes it was a hit, sometimes it sat in the back of their closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. I guess I don't always like everything I sew, but she does appreciate me sewing for her. Sometimes she surprises me by loving the most simple item....Teens!

      Delete