A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, September 14, 2018

Silhouette Pattern 2913 Nick & Zoe's Skirt & Isaac Mizirahi Knit Jacket

I last made the Silhouette Pattern 2913 Nick & Zoe's skirt back in 2015! Wow, where does time go?  I had to do a few pattern alterations because I've since lost a little weight.  I had to reduce the waist by 4" and the hips by 9"!   I misplaced the instructions, so I had to wing it.  And wing it bad I did!

Math is not my forte either.  Thank goodness for calculators.  But my mind wasn't clear enough to realize that my measurements were still way off.

You have to lay the fabric right sides up for all layers cut.  I forgot so my version has a chevron hip hem.  After all my hard work I tried the skirt on and NOPE!  It was WAY to big! I am unable to adjust the waist fit since the panels are already top-stitched.  I may just finish the skirt and donate it.  Maybe someone will find a treasure.

Silhouette Pattern 2913 Nick & Zoe's Skirt Denim 

Silhouette Pattern 2913 Nick & Zoe's Skirt Denim 

 So back to the drawing board to reduce again!  It's even funnier that after I read my pattern review here I even wrote about both the pattern layout and the fabric layout.........Lesson learned!

This time around I cut ALL layers of fabric face up.  This is a really easy skirt to sew up.  It's almost like quilting, because you can strip sew the pieces together in groups.

I was very eager to sew this skirt up but I had to bypass sewing on Sunday because the denim fabric kept turning my hands blue.  I didn't want to explain that to anyone at Evening Church.  Monday we had company coming over for Labor Day but I was able to sneak in the sewing room for about an hour and get it sewn together, some top stitching done, the zipper put in and a quick try-on..........It
FIT!

Silhouette Pattern 2913 Nick & Zoe's Skirt

Silhouette Pattern 2913 Nick & Zoe's Skirt Denim 

Wow!  Math works when you use it correctly!

I bought this Isaac Mizarahi knkit jacket from QVC last week and thought a faux suede skirt brown/tan color would look great with it.  Maybe with a black turtleneck knit top too.  Since I live in Florida, the turtleneck will need to be sleeveless or short sleeve.  I'm liking this outfit!

Isaac Mizarahi Floral Branch Print Knit Jacket

Back view

Princess seams & peplum

Jacket with faux suede for the next skirt


I'm off to sew something wonderful.....................

Until next time.............

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment