A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, September 10, 2018

McCall 6074 Gray Blue Floral Jersey Dress

I'm really hoping that sewing a few TNT patterns gets my sewing mojo going.  I feel like I'm frustrated, anxious and indecisive while sewing.  Maybe I need to do a little Feng Shui in my sewing space.

I did make up the McCall 6074 in a 3/4 length sleeve and midi length for cooler weather.  I love the floral print of the jersey fabric and it's light enough for Florida's Fall/Winter months.


McCall 6074 Gray Blue Floral Jersey Knit Dress

Fabric close-up

Back View

$15.00 Dress


Does this dress look like a nightgown?  Hmmmmmm?

McCall 6074 Gray Blue Floral Jersey Dress
I'm thinking a denim jacket or a denim vest my help take away from the nightgown look.

Until next time...............

Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. I think it just needs an accessory to pull out some extra color. A necklace, scarf, or as you said a vest or jacket. To me it does not look like a nightgown. Its a very pretty style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just got a denim jacket I'm going to try with it.

      Delete
  2. I have that same fabric. Still on the shelf. I agree--needs an accessory, or a denim jacket. Doesn't look like a nightgown...more like casual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get to sewing, I'd love to see what you create with the same fabric!

      Delete
  3. Not like a nightgown at all! It would look nice with denim like Robin said. I immediately pictured it with a brown/cognac leather jacket. It would look great with a vest too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh! A brown jacket! I'll have to drape something on with the dress to see! Great idea!

      Delete