A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, September 7, 2018

Simplicity 7103 TNT Animal Print Knit Princess Sheath Dress

My sewing mojo is returning very slowly.  I sewed up another TNT dress in hopes that I get inspired to create more.

I had this double knit fabric in my stash for a few months.  I thought it would make a nice slim sheath dress for either Church or an event with Dear Hubby.

I used my TNT pattern I used for the dark evergreen ponte knit dress but I shortened the length by 1", took in the princess seams above the bust 1/2" at the seam allowances, and slimmed the skirt bottom to hip width.  I also made this version with a 3/4 length sleeve.

Simplicity 7103 Princess shoulder sheath dress Animal Double Knit

Back View

Princess seam hidden by pattern

$15.00 Dress!

Simplicity 7103 TNT Dress


Now I just have to wait for cooler weather to wear it.

Do you think some shade of pink for a jacket or shawl?

Until next time.............

Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. Very Nice. Love the fabric. Will work well with almost any color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wore it "as is" this Sunday so now I have a million colors I want to wear with it!

      Delete
  2. Agree with Robin! I love black and white prints so much and that's one reason why! You can really go any direction. A soft pink, a deep pink, a coral-y pink...

    I made a dress from this fabric last fall and it quickly became one of my favorites. Very cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, the dress was very comfortable and I look forward to adding colors to it. The fabric was great to work with and feels so good. I think this will become a favorite too!

      Delete
  3. I really, really like this dress.

    ReplyDelete