A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, September 3, 2018

Labor Day A-Line Hi-Lo ITY Knit Dress

I laid this red/white/blue ITY knit fabric out to cut myself a pattern and Girl M fell in love with it.  I'm really going to have to sew in secret!

I used the same pattern as the golden jersey knit dress I made last week.  I lengthened the side seams 3" and the center back hem 9", making a simple hi-low hem.

Girl M requested cap sleeves from the Simplicity 1612 dress pattern.

Labor Day A-Line Hi-Lo ITY Knit Dress

Side View

Back view

$8.75 Dress!

I used the line of the pattern for the center front and center back.

Labor Day A-Line Hi-Lo ITY Knit Dress
 Not a big hi-low difference, about 6", but I think it will have nice movement when she walks.  I do home she likes this version.


I sewed this up before lunch and can't wait for her to see it when she gets home from school.


Girl M. has worn this dress three times in four days!  I think she likes it!

She likes it!

Until next time................

Bonnie


2 comments:

  1. I like the way you used the line of the fabric pattern CF and CB. So eye catching. Really nice looking dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm most happy she liked the dress. I'm glad I saw the pattern line prior to cutting, keeps your eye moving but looks symmetrical even with all the crazy line directions.

      Delete